Scotland’s livestock markets have been praised for their ability to get back to business in record time after last week’s unprecedented weather conditions.
The consultation closes on 22 May 2018. IAAS will publish our response here in due course.
Notes to Editors
The Institute of Auctioneers and Appraisers in Scotland (IAAS) is the representative body for livestock markets, valuers and auctioneers across Scotland. We fight for the interests of those markets and the central role they play in the working of the rural and agricultural economy.
The Institute advances the interests of our membership and the wider sector through:
- Promoting the livestock market system as the only transparent way to secure the best price and guaranteed payment for everyone playing their part in the rural economy
- Working with politicians and governments to influence regulations so that they strengthen Scotland’s farming industry
- Promoting the achievements of our diverse client base, speaking out on their behalf on the many challenges they face
- Collating and making available the latest information on prices achieved across Scotland’s markets, providing a critical real-time insight into the agricultural economy
- Developing a solid education and examination structure to nurture new talent for livestock auction markets
- Providing an indispensible social hub for farmers and farming communities